My Family

My Family
My Life!

Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 10 - Family Affair

As Sly and the Family Stone sang, "It's a Family Affair".

The whole family went to Heardmont Park today. The boys rode their RipSticks and Sean and I did our walking/jogging thing. Have you ever seen one of those RipSticks? Basically, it's a skateboard, but it is broken up into 2 pieces with a metal rod connecting them. The 2 pieces move separately, so you have to wiggle to get it to go, or you can go down hill. So, if my heart rate wasn't elevated by the walk, it was elevated by my 7 year old going down some small hills on his RipStick. All in all, it was a beautiful day, low 60's and the sun was shining.

We walk our 1st mile on the trials and then headed to the track for the 2nd mile. It wasn't too bad. I did my mile on the track in about 18 minutes and I jogged a little less then a 1/2 mile. I'll keep working on it.

I think tomorrow will be cardio. I have the Jillian Michaels, 30-minute Shred. Bring it on Jillian!

No comments:

Post a Comment