My Family

My Family
My Life!

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 54 - Hit a new wall and didn't overcome it.

Let's start off with some good news. Weighed myself yesterday and I was down 6lbs. So, I'm now at 243. Almost out of the 240. Whahoo!!!

Now, about the wall....Not sure what really happened, maybe I just wasn't into it, maybe just some tired legs. Today was suppose to be my 20 min jog....let's just say that didn't happen. I struggled with the first 5 min. and couldn't make it up. I did what I could and only lasted the first 10 mins. I just didn't have it in me. I'm seriously doubting my ability to complete a 5K. I guess I just have to look at this first 5K as a starting point, right? I'll do what I can for this one and the next one, I'll push myself a little harder.

So with that being said, I have 2 weeks until the RumpShaker. My goal for the next 2weeks is to try and jog for 20 mins. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. Hubby checking in.

    I would like to say that you have inspired me to get my lazy butt off the couch and get in shape. Don't be so hard on yourself. So what you couldn't run for 20 minutes, I couldn't do it either. Is you glass half full or half empty. The way I see it is that 2 months ago we would have been sitting in front of the TV on a lazy Sunday afternoon snacking and napping. Today we got our butts off the couch, into the car, drove for 20 minutes and attempted to run for 20 minutes. The way I see it, our glass is half full. We will complete the 5K, we may not run the whole thing but we will be able to say we did it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Your Hubby said it all! You are doing great and look how far you have come. I keep hitting walls (been sick 3 weekends in a row) and it has put me way behind schedule, but I just pick up where I left off and keep going.

    I would also like to invite you over to The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans. It is as www.shrinkingjeans.net. I just found it recently and it is great. Lots of good encouragement and information.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete