My Family

My Family
My Life!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 45 - "Sweet Mother of Pearl"

I realized that I forgot to report my Sat. weigh-in. Well, I'm happy to say that I stayed the same. Which was partly because of what I ate the night before, pork chops. You see they are salty by themselves, but when you add ShakeNBake...well, lets just say that the salt contain may be a little higher then without. So, I'm still at 247.

Now, as for my quote in the title, I start week 3 of the Couch to 5K today. And if anyone has ever watch a SpongeBob cartoon, Mr. Krabs says that a lot when he is surprised about something. So, "Sweet Mother of Pearl!". I do not like week 3, it doesn't sound like much, but 3 minutes is a long time jogging. Especially, when you would rather sit on the sofa! I did that twice as well as 2, 90 second jogges. Is "jogges" even a word???? I don't know, I think I just inhaled too much Oxygen, my brain is over loaded with the stuff.

Anyway, I did it! Now I have to do it 2 more times this week and then next week envolves 5 minute jogges..."We aren't in Kansas anymore, Toto!" There's no place like the couch...There's no place like the couch.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! njredneck! I stumbled across your blog and wanted to let you know that you are doing such a great job! I just started the "From Couch to 5K" plan a week ago today. I know exactly what you are going through. I am going through the same thing. I just wanted to offer some encouragement to keep up the good work because I know how hard this is and am right there with ya! Good luck and I will keep following your progess. I am looking forward to seeing you at a 5K run in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Jules! It's so nice to hear from a fellow Coach to 5K newbie. I really appreciate the encouragement and maybe I can do the same for you. Are you training for the RumpShaker at the end of March? That's the one that I'm training for. I thought it was appropriate, seeing how my rump will be shaking. It's funny, I have to train for 3.2 miles....When I was younger, I don't think that I would have even broken a sweat. Anyway, I hope that you find some humor in what I write. Keep working hard and keep pushing yourself more and more. We'll talk again... By the way, I love the picture you have on your blog...

    ReplyDelete